Cette page n'est pas disponible actuellement dans votre langue. Vous pouvez en afficher une traduction automatique avec l'outil Google Translate. Cependant nous déclinons toute responsabilité quant à ce service et nous ne contrôlons pas les résultats de la traduction.
Pour en savoir plus à ce sujet, contactez-nous.
Fanbeam® Advance retrofit for discontinued CyScan® Mk3*
Forward-thinking fleet managers looking to replace their discontinued CyScan Mk3 and minimise downtime, can now use Fanbeam Advance to retrofit a Fanbeam 5.
What is Fanbeam Advance?
Fanbeam Advance is a cost-effective package that enables vessels to upgrade quickly from the discontinued CyScan Mk3 to Renishaw's proven Fanbeam.
The package consists of specially designed components that allow for a quick and simple Fanbeam 5 installation.
Who can benefit from Fanbeam Advance?
Anyone operating the discontinued CyScan Mk3. The Fanbeam Advance kit includes a specially designed power supply unit to enable existing CyScan infrastructure to be used with a Fanbeam 5, avoiding the need for disruptive running of new control cabling. The upgrade kit includes the Fanbeam 5 system and Fanbeam Advance cabling to adapt to the CyScan cabling.
This proactive approach keeps vessels working and provides operators with quick and easy access to all the benefits of the proven Fanbeam 5, including high performance and reliability in extreme conditions, and Renishaw's world-class service and support.
Principal system benefits
- Easy access to superior laser DP technology: By reusing existing cables, Fanbeam Advance enables the quick and easy mobilisation from discontinued CyScan Mk3 to Fanbeam 5 in a single day, minimising disruption and costly vessel downtime.
- Cost-effective fleet standardisation: With Fanbeam Advance, fleet operators can enhance vessel reliability and the safety of operations across multiple vessels without wasting money on cabling or infrastructure that they already own.
World-class service and support
- Expert global service and support: Renishaw has the scale and resources to keep you working wherever you operate. We offer outstanding global service and support for real peace of mind.
- World-class production values: Renishaw products are designed in-house and manufactured at state-of-the-art assembly facilities.
- Repair by Exchange service option: As well as worldwide access to our fully equipped authorised service and repair centres, our proven Repair by Exchange service option also guarantees you the ability to eliminate vessel downtime.
Fanbeam Advance schematic
Brochure: Fanbeam 5
The Fanbeam 5 position reference system (PRS) uses accurate time-of-flight laser technology to determine vessel position relative to custom reflectors, which can be fixed to offshore rigs, installations or other vessels. Fanbeam data is communicated to the vessel’s dynamic positioning (DP) system, which controls the thrusters that are used to maintain vessel position during operations.
Data sheet: Fanbeam 5
Fanbeam's robust design and precision engineering result in a highly accurate and reliable laser Dynamic Positioning (DP) position reference system.
Press release: BOURBON selects Renishaw as part of fleet standardisation strategy
Renishaw has won a contract to supply Fanbeam 5 laser DP position reference systems to BOURBON vessels around the world.
* See Guidance Marine Technical Bulletins:
94-0376-4 ‘Product End of Life Notification – CyScan Mk3' 21 January 2014
94-0376-4-A ‘Updated Product End of Life Notification – CyScan Mk3' 21 October 2014
CyScan is a registered trademark of Guidance IP Limited